There is a new release candidate available for ISIS (version: 7.0.0_RC2). It is available under the Anaconda package name
isis , and can be installed using:
conda install -c usgs-astrogeology/label/RC isis=7.0.0_RC2
Full installation instructions for ISIS can be found in the README on our github page .
Note for ISIS 7.0.0, you do not need to set the Python version when you create your Anaconda environment. Instead of
conda create -n isis python=3.6
you can run
conda create -n isis
Run the command:
conda activate isis7.0.0-RC2 to use this newest version of ISIS within the ASC.
Changes in bold will become available when the 7.0.0 documentation is released with the full release.
- Changed website layout to better surface relevant documents. #4839 [#4847](Contributor landing pages by jessemapel · Pull Request #4847 · USGS-Astrogeology/ISIS3 · GitHub
#4851 #4852 #4856 #4865 #4859 #4872 #4871
- Added new documentation for contributing code. #4859 #4871
- Added versioning to website documentation. #4852 #4872
- Fixed qview crashing when attempting to load image DNs. #4818
- Fixed qnet crashing when entering an invalid image name in the measure selection box. #4581
- Modified cnetcheck noLatLonCheck logic to correctly exclude ignored measures. #4649
- Fixed bug where the original label was not attached to stereo HRSC images on import #4816
There are some important considerations to keep in mind when using this release candidate:
- Do not use this version for production work. A stable isis7.0.0 release will be uploaded after two weeks.
- The ISIS online documentation will not be updated until the stable release is announced.
The following operating systems are supported for this release:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- macOS Big Sur 11.6
(Other Linux/macOS variants may be able to run this release, but are not officially supported.)
If you find a problem with this release, please create an issue on our github issues page