The Astrogeology Science Center is sunsetting this discussion board on May 31, 2023. Thank you to our community of users who have posted and responded to questions, and we look forward to continuing our conversations in relevant GitHub repositories, through discussions with the USGS Planetary Mapping Group, and OpenPlanetary Forum and Slack. Please see additional details below.
If you have a question about software that the Astrogeology Science Center develops and supports, please post your question to the relevant GitHub repository.
- Integrated Software for Imagers and Spectrometers (ISIS) – https://github.com/DOI-USGS/ISIS3
- Abstraction Layer for Ephemerides (ALE) – https://github.com/DOI-USGS/ale
- Community Sensor Model (USGSCSM) - https://github.com/DOI-USGS/usgscsm
- Wrappers for the CSM (SWIGCSM) - https://github.com/DOI-USGS/swigcsm
- Planetary I/O Module (PLIO) - https://github.com/DOI-USGS/plio
- Python Geospatial Sensor Exploitation Library (Knoten) - https://github.com/DOI-USGS/knoten
If you have questions related to planetary geologic mapping or GIS, please contact Sarah Black (email@example.com) and also see the USGS Planetary Geologic Mapping website.
The OpenPlanetary Forum is intended for sharing information on working with planetary data for research professionals, educators, students and science communicators across planetary science disciplines and communities. There you will find a wide variety of information on topics such as datasets, tools and web services, software and workflows, data access and discovery, ISIS, GDAL and PDS4.
- OpenPlanetary Home Site (Slack, tutorials, and Forum): https://www.openplanetary.org/
- OpenPlanetary Forum direct link to discussion board - https://openplanetary.discourse.group/
We encourage any users to copy any posts that they personally refer to often before the May 31 deadline.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this change, please contact Justin Hagerty (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Trent Hare (email@example.com).