Installation instructions of ISIS can be found in the README on our github page . Some users have reported issues with Conda not installing the latest version; you can use
conda install -c usgs-astrogeology isis=7.0.0 to ensure you install version 7.0.0.
As of this release, we are no longer restricting the Python version to 3.6. This version is End of Life and no longer supported. Upgrading the Python version has resulted in a significant change in the dependencies for ISIS. So, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you create a new environment and do a fresh install of ISIS7.0.0 instead of updating an old ISIS installation.
Once a version of conda is active, run the command:
conda activate isis7.0.0 to use this newest version of ISIS.
- Disabled SURF algorithm for findfeatures, latest version of opencv no longer provides SURF as part of the base library #3885
- Changed caminfo’s parameter default values for MAXEMISSION and MAXINCIDENCE to be
synchronized with footprintinit default values of the same parameters.
This corrects inconsistencies of footprint generation failing in caminfo
but passing in footprintinit. #4651.
- Changed the internal logic of ObliqueDataResolution() to use LocalEmission angle rather than Emission angle.
This will cause differences in output; new values will be more accurate because they use DEM rather than
ellipsoid. The cost to compute the local emissoin will increase by approximately x1.5. #3600
- Changed website layout to better surface relevant documents. #4839 #4847 #4851 #4852 #4856 #4865 #4859 #4872 #4871
- Added the USECAMSTATSTBL option to caminfo. This allows caminfo to extract existing
camera statistics from the CameraStatistics Table of the input cube instead
of recalculating CameraStatistics. Updated caminfo to output all CameraStatistics
Keywords when running CAMSTATS. #3605.
- Added the ability to search filenames in measure’s drop down boxes in Qnet Point Editor. #4581
- Added slope, local normal, and ellipsoid normal calculations to phocube. #3635
- Added additional translation files for TGO CaSSiS in order to support PSA compliant labels. #4567
- Added support for KaguyaTC SP Support data ingest. #4668
- Added examples to the jigsaw documentation. #4718
- Added ALLDNS option to phocube. #3877
- Added import templates for isisimport, Cassini ISS, Cassini Vims, Kaguya TC Kaguya MI, Dawn FC, Dawn VIR, LROC NAC, LO HRC, MGS MOC, MER MI, MRO CTX, Rosetta Osiris, Viking VIS #4606
- Added export templates for isisexport, LROC NAC EDR #4606
- Added optional JSON data output parameter, DATA, for debugging template engine failures #4606
- Added new documentatin for contributing code. #4859 #4871
- Added versioning to website documentation. #4852 #4872
- Deprecated edrget as discussed in #3313.
- Fixed Maptrim failures when mode=both for PositiveWest longitude direction. #4646
- Fixed the Vesta target name not being translated properly in dawnfc2isis. #4638
- Fixed a bug where the measure residuals reported in the bundleout.txt file were incorrect. #4655
- Fixed a bug where jigsaw would raise an error when solving for framing camera pointing in observation mode. #4686
- Fixed slow runs of automos when the priority was BAND. #4793
- Fixed qview crashing when attempting to load image DNs. 4818
- Fixed qnet crashing when entering an invalid image name in the measure selection box. #4581
- Modified cnetcheck noLatLonCheck logic to correctly exclude ignored measures. #4649
- Fixed bug where the original label was not attached to stereo HRSC images on import #4816
The following operating systems are supported for this release:
- Fedora 28
- Ubuntu 18
- CentOS 7.0
- macOS Big Sur 10.16
(Other Linux/macOS variants may be able to run this release, but are not officially supported.)
If you find a problem with this release, please create an issue on our github issues page