New to Cassini ISS data

Hello!

My name is Mariana, and I’m an undergraduate student looking to work with some Cassini ISS data! My goal right now is to obtain band-to-band registration of ISS data on Enceladus, however, I am very new to ISIS and I’m just starting to figure it out, so I would appreciate any input/ideas! I was wondering is this data was already available somewhere and if not, what the best steps to do this would be.

As a first step, I am currently trying to use spiceinit, but getting the following error:
ERROR The SPICE server returned incompatible SPICE data.
ERROR Unable to initialize camera model in Camera Factory.
ERROR No existing files found with a numerial version matching [naif???.tls] in [/Users/mblancor/opt/anaconda3/envs/isis/data/base/kernels/lsk].

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi again! It looks like you need to download the base data area. Here are the instructions for that. Once you have the base data downloaded, make sure you use web=true on your spiceinit calls to use the web server. Otherwise you’ll also need to download the Cassini data.

@blandoplanet or @lwellerastro can likely provide some ISS and Enceladus specific help if you need it.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m slowly but surely learning how to navigate the software :slight_smile: